Connecticut Accident Attorneys
Here in Connecticut, many people own private swimming pools. We also have many public pools. Unfortunately, each year, many people – especially young children are injured due negligence and the failure to take adequate safety measures.
Owners and operators of swimming pools have certain legal duties to those who use the pool and possible trespassing children, and can be held liable for injuries resulting from neglect of those duties. Third parties contracted to install and maintain swimming pools, as well as manufacturers of pool parts can be held responsible when defects in their products or inadequacy in their work causes an accident or injury. Our Stamford accident attorneys represent victims and their families in swimming pool accident lawsuits throughout Connecticut. We can determine who was responsible for your injuries and help you collect fair compensation.
Types of Swimming Pool Injuries
When we think of swimming pool accidents, drowning is the thought that most often strikes fear in our hearts. But, there are many other swimming pool accident injuries, many of which are severe and can cause permanent disabilities.
Loved ones of those who survive near-drowning are often elated in those first moments to know that the worst has not come to pass, only to be crushed with grief upon learning that lack of oxygen during the event has caused severe brain injuries and their child or loved one will never be the same, and may never be able to live independently.
Examples of swimming pool accident injuries include:
- Brain injuries due to lack of oxygen in near drowning
- Brain injuries due to a blow to the head or body, in slip and fall or diving accident
- Spinal cord injuries in slip and fall or diving accident
- Disembowelment in pool drain entrapment
- Strangulation in pool drain entrapment
- Injuries to the hands, feet, and limbs in pool drain entrapment
- Recreational water illnesses including respiratory illness, rash, ear infection, eye infection, and diarrhea
Types and Causes of Swimming Pool Accidents
Swimming pool accidents can happen in many ways, some of which may surprise you. Some examples of the various types and causes of swimming pool accidents include:
- Inadequate barriers or fencing, allowing children to wander into the pool area
- Slippery surfaces causing falls, with or without near-drowning injuries
- Lack of lifeguard in public settings
- Negligent supervision
- Defective pool light causing electrocution
- Poorly maintained pool
- Pool drain entrapment
- Pool cover entrapment
- Diving accidents
Attorney Richard Hastings of Hastings, Cohan, and Walsh, LLP has extensive experience representing children who have been injured in all types of accidents including swimming pool accidents.
If you have been injured or lost a loved one in a swimming pool accident, you have limited time to file your swimming pool accident lawsuit. Please call us at 1-855-850-1711 today so we can begin the investigation before important evidence is lost or destroyed. We are ready to start helping you and your family recover the financial compensation that you need. There is no fee for our legal services unless we win money for you.