Stamford Accident Attorneys
The human body is not designed to withstand a collision with a motor vehicle. Even a low-speed pedestrian accident can cause catastrophic or fatal injuries. Those who survive can suffer life-long pain and disability, and may be so badly injured that they can no longer care for themselves. If you or a family member was seriously injured or killed in a pedestrian accident in Connecticut, the Stamford pedestrian accident attorneys of Hastings, Cohan, and Walsh, LLP, can help you and your family collect the full compensation you are entitled to.
Causes of Pedestrian Accidents
A pedestrian accident can occur anywhere that vehicles and pedestrians are present. Most are cause by negligent drivers, in areas where pedestrians and vehicles are expected to cross paths, but pedestrian are also struck in areas such as lawns and parks, where vehicle are not supposed to be, especially if a defect causes a vehicle to go out of control, and pedestrians can find themselves in dangerous places when involved in an auto accident or if their vehicle breaks down.
Common causes of pedestrian accidents include:
- Failure to observe crosswalks
- Failure to observe traffic signals
- Improper passing of school buses
- Failure to use caution in school zones, near parks, and in other areas where children are known to be present
- Failure to use caution in construction zones
- Failure to use caution when passing vehicles stopped on the side of the road
- Failure to use turn signals
- Failure to check blind spots before backing up
- Distracted driver, including texting while driving
- Excessive speed
- Defective vehicle, such as defective brakes or defect causing unintended acceleration
- Poorly designed intersection, crosswalk, or parking lot
- Poorly designed bus stop
- Malfunctioning traffic signal
- Other roadway defects
If you have been injured in a pedestrian accident anywhere in Connecticut, please call the Stamford pedestrian accident claims attorneys of Hastings, Cohan, and Walsh, LLP, at (888) 244-5480 or contact us online today. We can help you and your family get the injury compensation that you need and deserve. Your initial consultation with our Stamford pedestrian accident attorney is free of charge, and if we agree to handle your case, in most cases we will work on a contingency fee basis, which means we get paid for our services only if there is a monetary recovery of funds. In many cases, a lawsuit must be filed before an applicable expiration date, known as a statute of limitations. Please call right away to ensure that you do not waive your right to possible compensation.